In 1882 Tabarelli de Fatis Teodoro founded a home furnishings company in Arco, a town in the Province of Trento and a tourist city par excellence under the Austro-Hungarian Empire, purchasing representation of «Gebrüder Thonet» for Trentino and the Upper Lake Garda areas. In 1936 his son Silvio moved the company to Bolzano in the former Via Pietro Micca, which is now Via della Rena. In 1958, his grandson Gianni took over the helm of the company, entirely upsetting its image. He abandoned the traditional imprinting, madly and far-sightedly chasing true «modern furniture», introducing only furniture of great quality. He frequented and became friends with Maria Simoncini, Dino Gavina, Carlo Scarpa, Cesare Cassina, Paolo Boffi, the Bernini brothers, Fausto and Giancarlo, Roberto Poggi, Maddalena DePadova. The design for Casa Tabarelli in Cornaiano was created in 1969 from his friendship with Carlo Scarpa. more…

In 1959 the company moved to Via della Stazione and soon became a point of reference, not only for the city, but for the entire Region as well. In 1962, following the birth of his second son, Antonello, Gianni Tabarelli de Fatis decided to close up his shop in Padova, which he operated together with Dino Gavina. In 1990 he began production of the furniture designed by the Slovenian Architect Joze Plecnik. more…

In 1992 Tabarelli’s second shop was opened in via Streiter, dedicated to the Boffi kitchen and bathroom collections. In 1997, great grandson Antonello inherited the T. Tabarelli Company. In 1998 Gianni Tabarelli de Fatis was appointed Professor of History of Design at the Bolzano Academy of Design. Following the death of his father in 2000, son Antonello closed the company and moved to Zurich, where he has worked for some famous Italian furniture brands. In 2006 he founded «aerodinamica».













©2016 antonello tabarelli de fatis. all rights reserved